Sunday, November 13, 2016

more worth repeating

I have been inspired to think about other's blogs and to visit those of some of my artistic peers and explore the offerings and purpose of them.
I was thinking about my own blog. Five years ago  in 2009, I started this blog being encouraged by others I knew from an Internet art group who had started to do so. For me, then it was a learning experience in blogging. 

 I am not a "working artist" by that I mean one who sells, teaches or enters art shows but rather one that creates for the pure enjoyment and self-expression of feelings along with the thirst to explore, learn and conquer new creative outlets with a variety of mentors. 

During the past 5 years I used this blog for my self-reference guide as to what I was learning, doing and enjoying with life and creativity.

Now I have another purpose for this blog perhaps the best!
 It is to inspire and showcase and teach to my grandchildren and all the generations that follow to live their lives to the fullest. I wish them to know the soul and passion of their Grandmother who studied to be a nurse, stayed home to raise a family, reentered nursing part time when her children were in their teens and then retired at age 62 from a  profession chosen in her early years of life. Nursing and being a wife and mother was.  directed at nurturing others. After those years, your Grandmother  began to nurture herself and continued to learn and grow and enjoy life . At age 74 one starts to think about the legacy and learning one shares with the World hence I hope this blog will  give insight to their Grandmother and her purpose and pursuit for a life of full living  and give insight into knowing everyone is unique and special and lives their life in their own special meaningful way to other and themselves. I have learned watching my children and grandchildren grow and mature I hope they have and will learn from me as well. This is the purpose of this entry 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment