Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I was in Petaluma CA at Art is You for 5 days I took 4 workshops 2 of which the work is completed. Karen O'Brien taught a class "Inky Folk" in which we worked with texturizing, acrylic inks on watercolor paper. We did a painting with Acrylic Inks and then looked at them to find images . I found a Geisha Owl and made her the star of the art piece. Andrea deMeng taught a class on visual narratives and cohesive composition using collage, acrylic painting and images to make separate but yet integrated art forms which would tell a story such as a scroll does. The piece is on canvas 5'x12" I have both pictured here

1 comment:

  1. Hi Darla, it's great to see your scroll hanging up. I'm going to finish mine tomorrow. Just finished my illuminated manuscripts and my husband, Builder Bob as he is known around here, is framing my little pieces from Andrea's third class. So glad to have met you and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete